The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner, and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools which will influence both our products and clients.
- Design and build scalable machine learning models; build and deploy predictive models
- Interact with CxOs at portfolio companies organization to articulate the value of data science approaches, different service offerings and implementation approach
- Translate complex business situations into concise data problems; map business objectives into appropriate ML cost functions and understand the nuance of available and accessible data.
- Collaborate with internal and portfolio company stakeholders in a broad range of sectors to identify business use cases and develop solutions in driving impact through data science and analytics
- Manage and execute the successful delivery of the algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools to meet business needs
- Develop complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determine analytical approaches/modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
- Perform analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques, mathematical analyses and specialized expertise in the organization and/or industry
- Apply analytical rigor & statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data using advanced statistical techniques.
- Manage large & complex analytical projects: data exploration, model building, performance evaluation & testing
Business Knowledge/Technical Skills
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive experience analyzing and modeling structured data using machine learning / predictive modeling (Regression, Clustering, Time Series, Survival Analysis etc.)
- Deep experience in data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
- Proven experience in developing analytics strategy, roadmap and delivering major change initiatives
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Expert knowledge of: Python data science ecosystem: Pandas, Numpy/Scipy; coding best practices (git/stash usage); R; Java; writing production and modular code
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge across the analytics spectrum: from deep learning to clustering to Bayesian methods to nonlinear analyses, etc.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Strong English language communication skills; able to distill complex technical concepts/issues into simple frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Can change tactics quickly to maximize return and ensure value
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional service orientation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or other closely related field